- GW Home
- Our Location
- Admissions & Aid
- GW Experience
- Faculty & Staff
Emerging Leaders Workshop
Being promoted to a higher level of responsibility means you must move beyond technical expertise and rely on and utilize management and leadership skills. In this 2-day experience with our senior faculty, Dr. A.J Robinson and Betsy Caine, you will have a chance to observe and reflect on your personal best leadership experience, values, vision and your leadership blueprint. In addition, you will have the opportunity to map out your career management path and identify developmental goals and strategies to enhance your competencies as a leader.
What makes you a great leader and what is your work? In our Emerging Leaders Program we address these two core questions by:
- Helping you see what are the most “frequently observed behaviors” by you and others around you, assisting you to make choices grounded in values, purpose and vision;
- Guiding you to discover with intention how do we generate impact in our organizations and the people that we serve, observing it through the lens of the 4 levels of performance: Worker, Work, Workplace, and World;
This course is best suited for you if you are a new manager or plan to move into management within the next year.
- Understand that leadership happens at all levels of the organization
- Raising awareness on personal leadership effectiveness and our roles as leaders in life, community and workplace
- Identify the frequency of personal leadership behaviors--as measured by the Leadership Practice Inventory and proven to enhance the effectiveness of leaders
- Identify key leadership competencies and draft an inpidual development plan that charts growth through the organization and beyond
- Practice key management and supervisory skills
- Manage inpidual and organization performance
Target Audience: New and mid-level managers and team leaders in public, private & non-profit sectors
Dates: March 21-22 (Spring 2017), September 19-20 (Fall 2017)
Classroom Format: all day from 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Venue: GWU Alexandria Graduate Center, 413 John Carlyle Street, Suite 250 Alexandria, VA 22314 (5 min walk from Blue/Yellow Line and 15 min driving from the Regan National Airport)
*We offer a 10% discount for GW-CEPL alumni and groups of 5 or more.
Director, Executive Education and Coaching Services