Enterprise Risk Management Mini Boot Camp
Understand What ERM is and
How it Applies to Your Agency
The purpose of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Mini Boot Camp is to give participants an understanding of what ERM is, how it differs from general risk management and internal controls, and to introduce risk management tools and techniques that participants can take back to their work environment and start implementing the next day.
Morning session (8:00am – 12pm)
- Welcome and Introductions
- Overview of ERM
- Tools and Techniques of Enterprise and Risk Management
Afternoon Session (1:00pm – 4:00pm)
- Establishing ERM in Your Organization
- Creating a Risk-aware Culture
- Wrap-up and Next Steps
- Learning Objectives
- You will understand what ERM is and how it applies to your agency
- You will have practiced different tools and techniques of Enterprise and Risk Management, and explored applying them in your own setting
- You will have a roadmap for your next steps in ERM
Associate Director, GW CEPL
Dr. Natalie Houghtby-Haddon brings over 25 years of experience teaching and coaching government executives in strategic leadership, stakeholder management and culture change for transformational impact.
Senior Fellow, GW CEPL
Thomas H. Stanton is a recognized authority on Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), and the Past President of the Association for Federal Enterprise Risk Management (AFERM). With a career that spans the practical and the academic, Mr. Stanton’s work has led to the creation of new federal offices and approaches to delivering public services more effectively.