- GW Home
- Our Location
- Admissions & Aid
- GW Experience
- Faculty & Staff
Balanced Scorecard Certification Program
Balanced scorecard systems are becoming the standard strategic performance management system in many organizations in government, business, and nonprofit organizations worldwide. The Balanced Scorecard Certification Program, developed in conjunction with the Balanced Scorecard Institute, is designed to give practitioners the tools and skills they need to help their organizations increase focus on strategy and results, improve organizational performance by measuring what matters, align the work people do on a day-to-day basis with strategy, focus on the drivers of future performance, improve communication of the organization’s Vision and Strategy, and prioritize in tough economic times. With two levels of certification, Balanced Scorecard Master Professional™ (BSMP), and Balanced Scorecard Professional™ (BSP), this is a comprehensive program on leading a balanced scorecard strategic planning and management system implementation using the Institute's Nine Steps™ methodology. It is ideal for participants charged with building, implementing, managing, and sustaining balanced scorecard planning and management systems.
The program provides participants with background and resources in all areas that are important to lead or participate on a team to build, implement, and sustain a balanced scorecard planning and management system in their organization. The program includes in-depth study of strategic thinking, strategic planning, organization assessment, strategy mapping, performance measures and target setting, strategic initiatives, automation, cascading and strategic management.
Topics covered by the course include:
- Comprehensive approaches to strategic planning, strategic management, performance measurement and target setting, initiative prioritization, performance information systems, and program evaluation
- A simple methodology for building and implementing balanced scorecard planning and management systems
- Organization development practices, such as SWOT analysis, employee assessment planning, customer and stakeholder identification, and balanced scorecard program planning
- Modern approaches to strategic thinking and strategy mapping
- Communications strategy development and change management aspects of the balanced scorecard journey
- Facilitation and coaching skills necessary to lead team workshops in the development of a balanced scorecard system for your organization
- How to select appropriate software to collect and report performance information throughout the organization
- How to cascade the enterprise scorecard throughout the organization
For more about the program, please visit the Balanced Scorecard Institute website.
Tuition: BSP (5 days) $4,925: BSMP (10 days) $9,850
For more information, contact: