- GW Home
- Our Location
- Admissions & Aid
- GW Experience
- Faculty & Staff
Leadership Embodiment Coach Training Certificate
Leadership Embodiment (LE) is a stand-alone embodied coaching model, and can also serve as a somatic component alongside other coaching models.
LECT is a 6-months offering for professional coaches and experienced facilitators who want to deepen their experience with the practices and principals of the LE model and develop the skills to share the work with individuals, groups or organizations.
Leadership Embodiment Coach Training is offered in partnership with Leadership Embodiment International. This is the only LE Coach Certification Training offered in US in 2017.
LECT PROGRAM COMPONENTS:
TRAINING & PRACTICE
The 6-month LECT program consists of 3 training modules. Each module is 4 days long (Thursday thru Sunday). Sessions are held every 2 months.
LECT MODULE 1
- Session 1 Material Sequencing – Foundational model process
- Introducing a client or team to the LE model – Context and Language
- Centering/ Partner Centering – Core foundation exercise
- Centered Listening – Receiving feedback/difficult conversations
LECT MODULE 2
- Session 2 Material Sequencing – Foundational model process
- Inspiration and Declaration - How to resource qualities and craft a declaration
- Speaking Up/ Taking a Stand – Inspired Speaking Up in the face of adversity
LECT MODULE 3
- Ongoing Client Session Material
- Taking Risks
- Visibility and Transparency
- The Challenge of Success
In addition to the training sessions, trainees are invited though not required to receive or partake in the following:
- Receive a minimum of 1- 1hr, individual coaching session from a LECT Instructor
- Receive 2 mentor coaching sessions from previously graduated LE Associates
- Be invited to train with a trainee practice pod meeting virtually between training sessions
- Take on practice coaching client(s)
Meditation is an integral part of LE training, and participants are asked to engage in a minimum of 15 minutes of meditation per day. Participants will be asked to report on their meditation experiences or insights at the beginning of every training session.
Participants will receive a training binder that includes schedules, program guidelines, and a training manual. Participants will be given access to an online LE Community Portal and are expected to log in to use that site for communication, reporting and discussion throughout the course. (And the portal will be a continuing community resource.)
ATTENDANCE & GRADUATION:
Attendance is mandatory at all training sessions, no makeups will be offered. Only in the case of a family or medical emergency, can accommodations be made. Mentoring and practice group sessions are NOT mandatory. Mentoring sessions may be held in person, by phone or through video-conference (Skype).
Upon graduation from the LECT program, participants will be certified in the LE model and entitled to use it with groups, organizations and individuals. Graduates receive a range of privileges and offerings, including the opportunity to access the 1 time fee based - professional association, ongoing teaching community participation, access to the on-line LE Community Portal and special courses.
(from left to right, Wendy Palmer, Tiphani Palmer)
Our Partners & Senior Faculty: The course will be offered in partnership with Leadership Embodiment facilitated by the wise mother daughter team, Wendy & Tiphani Palmer. Wendy Palmer is the founder of Leadership Embodiment and author of three books, The Intuitive Body; The Practice of Freedom and Leadership Embodiment; How the Way we Sit and Stand can Change the Way we Think and Speak. She holds a sixth degree black belt in Aikido and has practiced mindfulness for over 40 years.
Tiphani Palmer is a coach and facilitator with 15 year experience with the Leadership Embodiment model. She has worked with a wide variety of organizations throughout the US, Canada, and Europe, and specializes in personal and team leadership development. She holds a second-degree black belt in the martial art of Aikido.
Target Audience: The LECT is a 6-month program tailored to professional coaches and facilitators offering the core foundations of LE training exercises with a focus on working with individuals and small groups/teams. We keep this training small (16 or fewer) so everyone gains the most benefit from it.
LECT part 1: October 12-15, 2017
LECT part 1: October 12-15, 2017
LECT part 2: January 11-14, 2018
LECT part 3: March 1-4, 2018
Cost: $11,800 (includes all course sessions, materials, meals, books, mentoring and coaching- it does not include travel/accommodation)
- We offer a 5% discount for GWU Staff, Student and Alumni
- We offer a 10% discount to GWU-CEPL Alumni
- We offer a 10% discount for participants who have previously registered for GWU CEPL LE Level I & 2 Course
- A payment schedule can be arranged for the training tuition. Tuition must be paid in full before end of training date.
GWU Alexandria Graduate Center, 413 John Carlyle Street, Suite 250 Alexandria, VA 22314 (5 min walk from King Street Blue/Yellow Metro Line and 15 min driving from The Regan National Airport)
- A full application packet will be emailed to you immediately after your registration.
- A completed application must be received on or before April 10, 2017 to be considered for the program. Upon application approval, a deposit of $500 will be due within 1 week of acceptance into the program.
- Applications are reviewed on first come first serve basis and you will hear from us within 3 weeks upon submission.
Professional CCEUs: Continuing Coach Education Units will be provided and the number will be updated soon.
Academic Non-Credit CEUs: This course offers 12.5 Continuing Education Units based on 125 hours of faculty-led content.
Director, Executive Education and Coaching Services